'Canes, PNC Arena and Partners to Host a Hurricane Harvey Relief Drive
RALEIGH, NC - The Carolina Hurricanes and team sponsor Capital Automotive Group with the Carolinas Collision Center will host a Hurricane Harvey relief drive at PNC Arena beginning today. At the conclusion of the drive, employees from Capital Ford in Raleigh will deliver the items to organizations that are assisting those affected by the storm in Texas.
Donations will be accepted at the PNC Arena VIP Entrance from Wednesday, Aug. 30 to Friday, Sept. 8 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Please note that on Saturday, Sept. 2, donations will only be accepted from the general public between 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., but that guests attending the Ed Sheeran concert that evening are welcomed and encouraged to bring donations to the show.
To aid with the relief drive, Hurricanes President Don Waddell will help receive donations at PNC Arena from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. on Thursday, followed by Executive Vice President and General Manager Ron Francis from 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. In addition, on Tuesday, Sept. 5, Hurricanes goaltender Scott Darling will assist with the relief drive from 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Donations will also be accepted at any Capital Automotive Group location in the Triangle.
Fans are encouraged to help with the relief efforts by donating:
- Gift cards to national big box stores (Walmart, Target, etc.)
- Cases of bottled water and sports drinks
- Baby items, including diapers, wipes, etc.
- Non-perishable dry goods and canned goods
- Bleach, Lysol, Clorox wipes, etc.
- Soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, feminine products, deodorant
- Paper towels, tissues, toilet paper, etc.
- Pet supplies, including dog and cat food
- New pillows, sheets and towels
- Plastic storage bins
No used clothing will be accepted.