Looking for a fun and exciting fundraising opportunity? Volunteering at PNC Arena is a great way for nonprofit groups to raise money while being right in the action!
We hope that you take advantage of this exciting work environment that will return revenues to the community and provide a flexible volunteer schedule for your nonprofit group.
Typical nonprofit groups involved with PNC Arena include high school booster clubs, civic organizations, churches and any other nonprofit organization that retains a 501 C (3) status.
Every group has its own method of enticing people to volunteer, but most rely on members, parents and friends to sell candy and have bake sales to raise funds. Volunteers generally agree that giving of their time at these events is an easier and more dependable way to earn a significant amount of money than traditional car washes or raffle ticket sales.
For more information, please contact Barbara Couch at (919) 861-5482 or email.
- Staffing a stand can range from a minimum of 6 to 12 volunteers.
- Staffing carts which are Dippin’ Dots Ice Cream/ Breyers ice cream/Gourmet Pretzel carts can range from 1 to 3 people.
- Please contact the volunteer group coordinator for the status of availablity for our program.
- Group members must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer to work events
- Group members must be at least 21 years of age to ID and serve alcohol
- 6 volunteers are required to be 21 years of age in your stand.
- Proof of age will be required for the 18 to 21 years of age person to participate in the program
- The contract will be for a season (August 2012-June 2013)
- Proof of 501 C (3) status is required.
- Proof of Commercial General Liability Insurance is required.
- Each group is required to complete 20 events during that season.
- The minimum commission is 10% on food and 7% on beer.
- Commission will increase to 11% on food and 8% on beer after completion of your thirtieth (30) event worked.
- Event bonuses are offered upon completion for many of the program events.
- Hockey and NCSU basketball carry guarantee minimums.
- Volunteers work 4 to 5 hours per event, group leaders will work 5 to 6 hours per event. Each group must provide their own uniform and wear black pants and black or dark shoes. A strict uniform policy is in effect.
- Your group is provided signs to let each patron who visits your stand know your organization is serving them.
- A stand leader and cooks will be provided at all of the big concession stands to assist with cooking and inventory management.
- You will receive information from us via email for easier communication.
- A bonus may be offered to any volunteer group that is able to successfully pick up a stand or cart within the 48-hour period that another volunteer group has cancelled on.
- Volunteer workers will receive one complimentary meal coupon to be used on the date issued.
Volunteer Program Testimonials
Many groups throughout the triangle have made money for their worthy causes while having fun along the way.
Holly Springs Band
When we first heard of the fundraising program at PNC Arena we signed up immediately. I’ll admit, I was not looking forward to running a concession stand for events at PNC Arena. At my first event, I had a blast. It was a lot of work, but getting to know other parents with kids in the band and all working together for the same goal was great. My husband and I have worked several events, both separately and together and it has been a great and fun way to earn money toward our son’s band account. Plus the band itself gets a portion of what’s earned at the stand to help keep those costs down. I would recommend working at PNC Arena to any group or organization needing to raise funds.
Triangle Rowing Club
Having just completed our first year with PNC Arena, we were pleased that we exceeded our goal. Fundraising at PNC Arena gave us the confidence to purchase a new Vespoli Quad, the first all-new equipment purchase in the history of the rowing club. It gives us resources to maintain the club’s operations and also to grow and improve the club. We look forward to continuing our relationship with PNC Arena. It gives us a great feeling to know that thanks to PNC Arena, we can keep providing this opportunity to young rowers in the areas.
Raleigh Swimming Association
As a result of the funds Raleigh Swimming received from the concession sales commissions our families were able to reduce their swim team dues and expenses by over $30,000. This program has allowed many of our families to participate in year-round swimming where it would have been difficult otherwise. In addition, the team was also able to purchase much needed training equipment. The PNC Arena Volunteer Group Program has been tremendous and we look forward to next season.
Club Red Volleyball Inc.
Being able to work at PNC Arena has created more visibility for our organization and an opportunity for many families to come together. This fundraising effort has provided 15 families an opportunity to lower their cost of dues to play club volleyball. It has also helped the club raise money for our future facility. I am looking forward to the continued work in an effort to help more people play our wonderful sport.