The following policies are in effect during all PNC Arena events to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests. Additional rules and regulations may be posted on PNC Arena property or may be communicated through PNC Arena staff.
Please feel free to contact Guest Services at 919.861.CARE (919.861.2273) for more information, additional questions, or concerns.
Items You May Not Bring Into the Facility
- Backpacks & Oversized Bags
- Bottles, Cans, Coolers & Liquid Containers
- Food & Beverage (Including Alcohol)
- Illegal Substances
- Fireworks & Other Projectiles
- Recording Devices, Video Equipment - See Below
- Electronic Tablets (ex: iPad, eReaders & laptops)
- Handheld Video Games (ex: Nintendo DS, Sony PSP & Nintendo Game Boy)
- Weapons of any Type (Including Pocketknives & Firearms)
- Large Chains & Studded Bracelets
- Laser Pointers & Aerosol Cans
- Noise-making devices (i.e. horns, whistles, air horns, cymbals, bugles, etc.)
- Large Banners, Signs, Sticks & Stickers - See Below
- Pets (Except Service Dogs) - See Below
- Two-Wheeled Motorized Devices
- Other Items as Required by Event Promoters
*Law Enforcement Officers: Off-duty police officers and other law enforcement officers may NOT bring firearms or concealed weapons into the facility.
Conditionally Permitted Items Are as Follows:
Please call 919.861.CARE (919.861.2273) or visit ThePNCArena.com prior to a scheduled event to inquire the status of the following polices for a specific event.
Cameras & Video
The use of audio, video or digital recording devices are prohibited except for accredited members of the media.
Carolina Hurricanes & NC State Men’s Basketball (and related events): Point-and-shoot as well as cameras with detachable lenses are allowed, based on the following parameters.
- Detachable lenses must be less than five (5) inches long and less than three and a half inches (3.5) in diameter.
- The camera body cannot exceed three (3) inches in depth/length.
- The overall camera and detachable lens combination cannot exceed eight (8) inches in overall length.
Example of an allowed Lens and Camera Body
All other attachments are prohibited including wide angle lenses, lights, microphones, electrical connections, tripods, handles, oversized bags and stands. Moreover, be aware that certain camera features such as shutters and winding gear motors are noisy and may be a disturbance, thus we ask that you curtail use if advised.
PNC Arena management reserves the right to revise the terms of acceptable cameras and use at any time.
For all other events (Concerts, Family Shows, etc.) please refer to the corresponding event page*. Only standard point-and-shoot cameras (with no detachable lenses) will be permitted. Please be prepared to return your camera to your car if personal photography is not permitted. *Show personnel reserve the right to change this policy.
Admission to PNC Arena with a camera is granted on the condition that pictures taken with such camera are used exclusively for non-commercial purposes. PNC Arena and the events presented are trademarked and/or copyrighted and, as such, are protected by state and federal law. No rights to such trademarks and copyrights are granted by virtue of PNC Arena allowing photography of the facility or the events presented.
Please note: Signs are permitted during Carolina Hurricanes and NC State Men’s Basketball games. However, other arena events such as concerts, family events, etc. prohibit signs/banners of any type; unless tour personnel request this policy to be lifted.
For approved events, signs/banners shall be allowed within the arena as long as they fall within the following guidelines:
The sign/banner does not impair the view of any guest in the building or block any existing signage or vent. Size of sign must be appropriate type and size to enter into the arena and seating.
Max size = 3’ x 2’
- Information contained on the sign/banner cannot be construed as vulgar, offensive, graphic, or outside of what the community standard would consider in “good taste.”
- Signs/Banners are not permitted to be hung anywhere inside the arena.
- Be prepared to return an unauthorized sign/banner/stick to your vehicle.
Also, while signs that meet the above guidelines, PNC Arena reserves the right to cancel this policy at anytime without notice - if deemed necessary by management.
- The sign/banner does not impair the view of any guest in the building or block any existing signage or vent. Size of sign must be appropriate type and size to enter into the arena and seating.
No pets are permitted inside PNC Arena. For those requiring the use of service animals – they are welcome at PNC Arena. Please contact the arena in advance if any accommodations are required.
PNC Arena Admission
- All guests entering PNC Arena are subject to search as permissible by law. Refusal will be grounds to prohibit admission.
- All guests 24 months or older entering the arena must have a valid event ticket to gain admission. Some events require a ticket for every person, regardless of age.
- Exit / Re-entry into PNC Arena is NOT permitted except for smoking breaks located in the designated areas opposite sections 108 and 115 on the main concourse. There may be times when this policy is suspended as the event warrants. However, please do not assume that a ticket stub will be valid for re-admission if exiting the building.
- Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult. PNC Arena provides a Quiet Room for parents or accompanying adults during select concerts and events that attract a younger audience. Visit FAQs for more details.
- Please sit only in your assigned seat. Seating locations within PNC Arena are reserved for guests holding valid admission tickets.
- Retain ticket stubs to allow ushers to verify proper seat location.
- Aisles should be kept clear at all times. Emergency situations require that stairways be kept clear. Guests sitting or standing in the aisles or walkways is prohibited.
- Please be aware that pucks can and do leave the ice and enter the stands during warm-ups, in-game, and even after play has stopped. To help avoid injury, stay alert while in the stands. Anyone sustaining injury from pucks or by any other means should go directly to First Aid, located adjacent to Section 111 on the Main Concourse. PNC Arena employees are available for any assistance needed. Please visit Individual Ticket informaiton for ticket warnings.
Proper Behavior is expected from all of our guests. Obscene language or gestures, abusive/rowdy behavior and physical confrontation will not be tolerated at PNC Arena and will be cause for ejection and/or arrest.
Please immediately notify the nearest usher or arena representative if actions of this type occur.
PNC Arena management reserves the right to relocate seating to any performance, event or game.
Standing & Cheering
Media reports have said that we are one of the loudest buildings in the NHL. Although we love for our fans to cheer, we must maintain some basic protocols. As some fans like to stand and cheer, others prefer to sit and cheer. Fans who sit are entitled to enjoy the event from their seats without undue obstruction. Many of our guests have mobility impairments and may not be able to stand as others do. Fans are advised that while cheering for the team, please be cognizant and courteous to those around you.
For the safety of all, guests are prohibited from throwing any object in the stands or onto the playing surface or stage.
Entering the Playing Field
Entering the playing field, floor, or restricted areas of the building is strictly prohibited and may result in ejection and/or arrest.
Children on Shoulders
For safety reasons, children are not allowed to be placed or carried on a person’s shoulders.
Smoking Is Not Permitted
PNC Arena is a smoke and tobacco free facility; including electronic cigarettes. Smoking areas are available outside the arena. Guests wishing to smoke are directed to the appropriate exits, located at sections 108 and 115.
Skating is a safety hazard and therefore not allowed inside or outside of PNC Arena. Anyone seen skating will be asked to remove the wheels from the shoe or remove the skates altogether.
Loitering and Soliciting Prohibited
The soliciting of rides, loitering, selling of goods and the soliciting of funds or services including the distribution of flyers, or holding of signage not relative to the event in which a valid ticket has been purchased is prohibited on PNC Arena property; including the immediate vicinity thereof is prohibited.
Only invited guests, those doing business with PNC Arena and/or those holding valid event tickets may enter onto and remain on the property for the purpose of conducting said business with PNC Arena and/or attending a scheduled event.
Parking on roadways, medians, grass malls, and traffic lanes prohibited. All guests must follow the directions of our parking and traffic agents. Violators may be ticketed by local police and/or towed at the owner’s expense.
Parking Lots and Roadways
Parking lots and roadways are to be used in a safe manner. Circulation between lots is prohibited.
Ball Playing and Skating
Activities such as ball playing and skating are safety hazards and therefore are not allowed inside or outside of PNC Arena. Anyone seen skating will be asked to remove the wheels from the shoe or refrain from using the skating medium (i.e Rollerblading, Skateboarding, Heelys, etc).
Tailgaiting is permitted; however, cars must occupy only one parking space. Use of grills must follow OPEN FIRES PROHIBITED guidelines.
Open Fires Prohibited
The igniting of fires* for any purpose whatsoever is prohibited on PNC Arena property.
*Personal grills are permitted in the parking lots only. The use of grills is prohibited on sidewalks, near buildings with or without canopies or in any area where guests or property may be damaged.
Damaging of Shrubs or Plants and Defacement of the Facilities
No person shall cut, mutilate, or remove any trees, shrubs, flowers, plants, topsoil, or sod located upon the property unless authorized by management. Damage, defacement, removal, or destruction of the surface of the facility or its structures, appurtenances, recreational facilities, or property is prohibited.
When on-site, please see one of our courteous PNC Arena staff members. Should you have further questions, please call our 861-CARE hotline.
Violation of PNC Arena policies or state/local laws may result in ejections, fines, and/or prosecution. In addition, violators may be barred from future events at PNC Arena. Ejected parties may make a written appeal to the Arena Manager or his designee. The decision rendered on appeal shall be final.
Emergency Evacuation Public Address Announcement
Announcements will be played before each event as required per Raleigh FD (Standard Fire Prevention Code 3101.54). PNC Arena is equipped with Emergency Generator Power, which will be activated automatically in the event of a blackout.
In addition, each aisle is outfitted with emergency lighting, which is designed to safely illuminate your way to the nearest Exit. All Exit Signs are illuminated in RED, so that our guests can easily identify them.
PNC Arena has a total of 89 Exits:
29 Exits from the Main Concourse
24 Exits from the Club Concourse
36 Exits from the Upper Concourse